Monday, October 22, 2018

Week 9 Post


Week 9 Post
 The search words on twitter that I used to find potential customers that would coincide with my trucking business were distributors, distribution, retail, retailers and load board. These searches produced a few ideas on potential customers. I had to do a lot of playing around with these words. They gave me some ideas but nothing concrete that I could really use. I did use some of my personal experience of being an over the road truck driver to come up with businesses that I knew that would need additional carriers to move their products such as Walmart, Target, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Wilson Creek Winery to name a few.
Although some of these companies have their own driver fleet that handle the bulk of their freight movement they do hire 3rd party companies to handle loads that have been oversold in a particular market or handled dedicated accounts that they can’t utilize their own driver fleet. My thought is to follow these companies on Twitter to try to connect with them and try to solicit some of their business.
The two list I created were FA18 CSIT 155 1873 and NY Giants more or less just trying to understand how to do it and add members. These lists don’t necessarily have anything to do with my business but I do see that by creating list such as these would be very helpful to keep yourself organized on Twitter by keeping your business and your personal account from overlapping.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 12 Blog Post

Week 12 Post The two options that I chose to research for this week’s blog post are Google+ and LinkedIn. Let’s start with Google+ which...